Oven cooked chicken is often an easy choice when you have limited time as it is simple and does not require complex preparation. But simply placing chicken in the oven with oil or water may result in your chicken lacking flavor and overtenderised chicken. Most simple recipes result in a bland food. Most of the time chicken is baked with what else? Potatoes of course! What about enlightening your taste buds something more interesting? Baked chicken with carrots and olives. Try this recipe and believe me you will replace it this your traditional one.
3-4 pieces of chicken.
1 cup of purred tomato.
1 green pepper.
½ cup of black seedless olives.
Some paprika, salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl mix the pureed tomatoes with a little salt and pepper and 3 teaspoons of paprika.
- In a flat baking tray put the chicken pieces and add the above mixture. Make sure that the mixture covers almost the entire surface of the chicken. Leave it for 20 minutes whilst you prepare your vegetables.
- Peel and slice your onion, carrots, peppers, potatoes and tomatoes into small chunks.
- Place the chicken slices in an oven pan with pureed tomatoes for 15 minutes at 180˚ C.
- Then pull out the chicken from the oven and add the vegetables and olives to the bottom of the pan and onto the pieces of chicken. Leave it for another 15 minutes.
- Turn over your chicken to cook its underside, but this time place the potatoes and the vegetables on top of your chicken.
- If you see that there is not enough liquid mixture in the pan, you can add a little extra water.
- Check the color of the chicken periodically to see if it is cooked the way you want.